29 February 2012

Nearly lost Ronnie

7 FEB 2012

Much the same as yesterday accept that he now chases the other doves out of his cage.  It is his territory.
Ronnie flew up to our bedroom window and sat there for a while.   He has no sense of danger.   He behaves as if our cat and dog are his friends.
I made a mistake by approaching him and throwing birdseed towards him while he was outside the cage.  He got such a fright that he nearly flew over the fence.
 
I hope he will return to the cage for the night.
It took over an hour for him to forget his fear but eventually he returned.
I noticed he chased other birds out of his cage. That is his possy and this is where he is boss.
 It took all my patience not to go and catch him with the net but I know one mistake and all the good work will be undone.   He must see me as someone that does not hurt if I will be able to give him enough time to adjust to being outside during the night.   Every day he grows just a bit stronger and more able to fly out of danger spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment