29 February 2012

He should not be in a cage

15 FEB 2012
I opened Ronnie’s cage door early this morning.   It was still dusk and he was still under the canopy.    I did not see when he left; I guess when the other doves came into his cage to eat his food.    Ronnie spent long hours on the compost heap, which seems to be his favorite feeding spot.   He did disappear for a few hours in the afternoon but as far as I can tell, he is still a loner.
Ronnie was disturbed by activities around his cage, around the time he normally return to it, and he flew off.
When he returned the big doves chased him away.  I was naughty and chased them so he could return.
Perhaps I shall not interfere tomorrow.   The doves have a point.  He should not be in the cage It is not dove-like, but he is still such a baby.   Poor little pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment