08 December 2011

Tiny Tim and freedom

Thursday, December 08, 2011

I did not see Tiny Tim today but I heard his little tweets from the bushes when he called his mother and the increased excited chirp pitch when he is being fed.   He is not as noisy as the other chicks in the garden.  His chirp has a deeper pitch and they are short with intervals, more like a clock ticking slowly to let his mother know where he is.  

Mary too has a characteristic mannerism that separates her form the other female weavers.  She would hop onto a nearby branch, after feeding Tint Tim, and then clean her beak on the branch.   I said to Hubby that perhaps she steals the next-door dog’s porridge that makes her beak sticky.  

During feeding routine follows the same every time.   One hears the clock-ticking-chirp ……chirp, followed by a short burst of excited chirps and then see Mary appearing cleaning her beak.

That is how I know that at some stage after the wind became very strong, Tiny Tim found himself on the ground again. 

I decided that unless he comes into the braai room again I shall leave him to find his own sturdy low branch.  If not I shall have to give him shelter again for the night, but I hope not.   I released him to the suburban wild and the path is outward.

No comments:

Post a Comment